Important changes to ordering prescriptions from 2nd October 2017.
As of 2nd October 2017 we will no longer accept prescription requests over the telephone.
All future prescriptions will need to be made:
- Online – please ask the reception team for information about registering for this service
- In Writing – Using your re-order slip (right hand side of prescription) or full written details (including dose and quantity), you can bring this to the surgery or post it to us.
- Via the Pharmacy – Some pharmacies operate their own system for ordering prescriptions. Ask your pharmacist for details.
The reasons for this change is as follows:
- The most important reason is safety. Some telephone conversations are not clear and can involve a great deal of time and effort in checking and chasing up correct details and dosages.
- This system will reduce the number of telephone calls to the surgery. It will be easier for patients phoning through for appointments, advice or in need of urgent help to get through.
- To improve confidentiality on the main desk.
- To bring us in line with national guidance regarding safer prescribing.